Morrisons supermarket have had to take an item off shelves after it was found to contain an ingredient which wasn’t declared on the packaging.Thomas Tucker Ltd is recalling various Morrisons popcorn products because they may contain milk which is not mentioned not he label. This means the products are a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy or intolerance to milk or milk constituents.
The items in question, include the following:
- Morrisons 200g ‘Market Street’ Sweet Popcorn
- Morrisons 300g ‘Market Street’ Sweet Popcorn
- Morrisons 120g ‘Market Street’ Salted Popcorn
- Morrisons 200g ‘Market Street’ Sweet & Salterd Popcorn
- Morrisons 110g Sweet Popcorn
- Morrisons 100g Salted Popcorn
- Morrisons 100g Sweet & Salted Popcorn
Customers are being asked to look out for items with the best before date of 23 August 2019 to 23 February 2020.
At present, no other Thomas Tucker products are known to be affected.
The Foods Standards Agency released a statement explaining the action the company has taken to protect their customers.
It read: “Thomas Tucker Ltd is recalling the above products from customers and has contacted the relevant allergy support organisations, which will tell their members about the recall.
“The company has also issued a point-of-sale notice to its customers. These notices explain to customers why the products are being recalled and tell them what to do if they have bought the products.”
Thomas Tucker have issued notices to customers, advising them to return any of the above items to the store of purchase, where they’ll receive a full refund.
The FSA added: “Sometimes there will be a problem with a food product that means it should not be sold. Then it might be ‘withdrawn’ (taken off the shelves) or ‘recalled’ (when customers are asked to return the product).
“Sometimes foods have to be withdrawn or recalled if there is a risk to consumers because the allergy labelling is missing or incorrect or if there is any other food allergy risk. When there is a food allergy risk, the FSA will issue an Allergy Alert.”